Monday, March 23, 2015

Apple Pie Overnight Oats

So this recipe is 100% created by me. I had overnight oats, and immediately started coming up with other yummy ideas. Instead of hitting Pinterest, I used my culinary skills to create my own! 

These were pretty good, a little bland BUT I didn't add any table sugar like most recipes call for. I get enough processed sugar in my diet. These also kept me full for quite a while and I wasn't tempted to keep eating sweets all day like I usually crave & cave! 


Ingredients: 
2/3 c. Old fashioned oats 
1/2 Apple, diced into small to medium chunks 
2/3 c. Coconut milk 
1/2 scoop SLAP cinnamon swirl whey protein powder 
1 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt 

Directions: mix in mug. Cover. Put in fridge. Eat upon waking up. I like to pop them in the microwave for a minute. Sprinkle with cinnamon and/ or drizzle with honey. 

Macros: 
440 cal, 9 g Fat, 70 g Carbs, 25.5 g Pro 
Added nutritional bonus: 10 g Fiber, high in potassium, low in sugar, good source of necessary vitamins and minerals. 

Side note, I could have probably halved this recipe, but then I also might not have been as full for as long. The oats soak up that moisture though and puff up so just keep that in mind. 



Easy & quick breakfast that'll fuel you through your morning! Try it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment