Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Blondies" ... Macro friendly!

So who doesn't love dessert?! Know what I don't love- the artificial ingredients and high fat content. So I sucked it up and decided to give this chick pea/ garbanzo bean dessert stuff a try. I'm pleased. The cookie dough needs work so hold, please, while I eat this batch and tweak the next one! 

Blondies though were pretty on point. 


Ingredients: 
15 oz (1 can) garbanzo beans
1/2 c jiffy whipped creamy peanut butter 
1/3 c walden farms syrup
**can use regular syrup but macros will be different** 
2 tbsp. honey 
1/4 tsp baking powder 
Splash of vanilla extract 
2 tbsp. semi sweet chips- I used Mini 

Directions: 
Drain and rinse beans 
In a food processor, beat up those beans. 
Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips! Process. 
Transfer dough to a bowl, fold in chocolate chips.
Place in a greased 8x8 pan. 
Bake at 360, 25-35 mins. Edges will become golden brown! 
Cool, cut, eat. 

Macros: 6 servings 
~186 calories 
Fat: 10 g
Carbs: 20 g
Protein: 7 g

Enjoy! I'll be playing with this recipe too in an attempt to make it higher in protein :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment